The philosophy of Uptown Kids Childcare Centre is based on the principles and strands of Te Whariki curriculum. We value a supportive and safe environment where families and staff form a strong community working together for the care and education of the children of the community it serves.
The purposes and aims of the Centre encompass the following:
- To provide a curriculum that empowers children to learn and grow.
- To recognise each individual child and their family as unique.
- To value and respect the different cultural and social backgrounds.
- To provide an environment where children and their families feel a sense of belonging and receive support.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for children and adults associated with the Centre.
- To provide an environment that encourages spontaneous learning.
- To promote peaceful conflict resolution.
- To acknowledge and foster the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
"We enrolled our 11 month old son at Uptown Kids on the recommendation of a friend. We are very glad we did! Over the last two years we have been very impressed with the high level of care at Uptown Kids. It has a small roll, warm and very friendly staff and a big outdoor playing area to keep the kids entertained. We know our son is always safe when he is there.
Katherine and Richard