The philosophy of Uptown Kids Childcare Centre is based on the principles and strands of Te Whariki curriculum. We value a supportive and safe environment where families and staff form a strong community working together for the care and education of the children of the community it serves.
The purposes and aims of the Centre encompass the following:
- To provide a curriculum that empowers children to learn and grow.
- To recognise each individual child and their family as unique.
- To value and respect the different cultural and social backgrounds.
- To provide an environment where children and their families feel a sense of belonging and receive support.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for children and adults associated with the Centre.
- To provide an environment that encourages spontaneous learning.
- To promote peaceful conflict resolution.
- To acknowledge and foster the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
"Among the many daycares to choose from in Newmarket, Uptown Kids was the one we chose for our daughter.
We really appreciate the small roll as we value the intimate atmosphere of the daycare which provides a cosy and safe environment for her to play and learn. It is also nice seeing her mixing with kids of all ages.
The lovely dedicated staff are all so good with the kids. A key selection criteria was finding a place where our daughter had the benefit of staff with life experience as well as formal qualifications.
Uptown kids not only meets that brief but they show a genuine affection to the children which is clear to see each morning at drop off time"